Breathwork is a simple breathing process. The result is a greater level of personal awareness. Awareness is the process of becoming conscious, conscious of our choices, decisions and judgments. By participating in a Breathwork session we get to view our life and decide to make new, more informed choices and judgements. We get to see, feel, and hear our experiences in a new light, with the assistance of guide, coach, mentor and Breathworker.
By doing this simple breathing process we get to breathe more. The way we breathe is reflection of our day to day experience. By learning to breathe consciously and more fully, it enables us to discover and release any tension we may have. It helps integrate changes into our lives. Change is not always easy, Breathwork assists in releasing the tension of change.
Breathwork began in the early 70’s by Leonard Orr and a small group of friends. This group discovered the immense impact that their birth had on their everyday experiences. Because of this the process became known as Rebirthing. Rebirthing has since undergone many changes and it is now often referred to as ‘Breathwork’ because the focus is on the breath.
Breathwork addresses our whole experience of life, from releasing traumas to healing relationships. It is a tool for those who want to feel, heal or accelerate their journey of personal growth and awareness. Resolving influences from our past means living in the present, making conscious choices that enhances all aspects of our life.
If “breath is life” then Breathwork is learning to experience life in joy, abundance and peace of mind.
Breathwork offers numerous benefits. Over a short course of sessions you may expect to:
- Eliminate stresses and anxieties
- High stress level reduction
- Enhanced personal and professional relationships
- Dissolve and release emotional blockages
- Overcome negative beliefs and behavior patterns
- Improve your body’s ability to fight illness
- Attain a growing sense of deep inner peace
- Greater confidence, self-image and self-esteem
- Heal from emotional pain and past/present trauma
- Gain a more creative outlook on life
- More joy & happiness
- Allows insight into behaviors and feelings
- Rise above addictions such as drugs, alcohol, overeating etc.
- Develop skills to better handle the many challenges of life, relationships, career, money, over-all life purpose.
- Develop a greater spiritual awareness.
The combined benefits provide you with simple tools to achieve a more balanced life.