May you discover a new generosity toward yourself and the courage to gauge your life as a great adventure. ~ John O’Donahue
Self-worth is an inside job. There are many articles and spiritual teachings that tell us so. The gist of it is, your sense of worth comes from your own recognition of your value, not from what others tell you. You cannot be worthy from external things outside ourselves.
While that is true from a ‘big picture’ perspective, it is always great when the Universe taps you on the shoulder to remind you with a simple experience of your worthiness through an external event.
Have you ever had the surprising experience of someone honoring you? It doesn’t have to be in a big way but maybe just the you stood up for yourself, asked for something you needed and received it! How did that make you feel? Was it one of those shining life moments that gave you a sense of being heard, that your needs and desires actually mattered and were heard in the positive – yes!!!
You are worthy… How to act like it
A major building block of self-worth is acknowledging that you just KNOW that you are intrinsically whole. How do you get to that flow in your life where you acknowledge your worth and live every day with that knowledge as your navigator? Here are a few tips – I invite you to pick a few, try them out and see how quickly it changes your experiences.
- Treat yourself with respect – Stand up for yourself and take care of your emotional, mental and physical wellbeing
- Your negative self-image is a lie!! Examine and let go of the self-sabotage that stands in the way of your self-love. Find those behaviors that keep you stuck in unworthiness
- Dive into the deep end – take full responsibility for your actions and make those actions synonymous with your values. Help yourself by doing what is hard.
- Keep your promises to yourself. Don’t duck out on your personal promises – if you say you are going to do something – do it
- Know your values and use them as your guidance:
- Love for others.
- Putting people first.
- Add your own to the list
- Take the risk to speak from your heart, act in alignment with your inner guidance no matter what is going on around you. As vulnerable as that might feel sometimes, it has the same effect as sticking up for yourself. Sharing your feelings and fears, reaching out to others are growth opportunities.
When you operate out of your unshakeable sense of worth, you stand up a little straighter, reach out with greater confidence and find within you an infinite momentum that just keeps growing your wholeness and presence in your life. When you act as your worth, you shine the best of you into your life and things change!
“We often block our own blessings because we don’t feel inherently good enough or smart enough or pretty enough or worthy enough… You’re worthy because you are born and because you are here. Your being here, your being alive makes worthiness your birthright. You alone are enough.” — Oprah Winfrey
For information about Breathwork, feel free to contact John Stamoulos (email@example.com)